In the many years I've been assisting clients I have found that if they or I am having a good streak of happiness and joy, and then a sudden, or seemingly "out of the blue" wobble from happiness to discomfort of some sort happens we have not been following through on one or more of the below self-awareness and self-loving practices.
Therefore I invite you to give this assessment a try. Adjust where needed and enjoy your happy streak! Most importantly have fun...life is a practice, not a perfect!
Loving Awareness Assessment
© Tracy L. Becker, 2016
Read each statement below and score yourself, honestly, on a scale of 0-10. Zero = I never do this; 10 = I always do this. Any score that is above 5, celebrate yourself and keep it up! Yay, you! Any score that is 5 or less create a plan to change or improve upon it.
1. __________ I practice at least 15 – 30 minutes daily one of the following: mindfulness meditation, mantra meditation, listen to solfeggio tones (see YouTube), do A Course in Miracles Workbook Lessons, or any other daily spiritual practice.
2. __________I practice daily creating, refining and keeping healthy boundaries that help me stay in a state of self-responsibility.
3. __________I practice daily self-care, self-soothing and self-loving behaviors. Examples may be eating healthy balanced meals; having proper sleep hygiene; accessing my own style of creativity; taking mental and physical breaks throughout the day to keep stress and anxiety at bay; eliminate or at least minimize, for the time being, addictive behaviors; do things that bring true happiness, healing and joy; doing some type of physical exercise; researching and adding multi-disciplinary forms of healing that resonate with my own personal Truth.
4. ___________When I can choose, I consciously choose the people that I surround myself with, talk to, interact with that lift me up and help keep me positive.
5. ___________I have a group or activity where I learn positive things and/or share and learn from other like-minded people on a regular basis.
6. ___________I am increasingly able to manage my thoughts and begin to shift the negative ones at a more rapid pace than before.
7. ___________I am able to identify my limiting emotional state of being and track it back to a limiting and untrue belief system on a daily basis.
8. ___________Daily, I am using prayer, my Higher-Self, God, Creator, Buddha, Source to call on for guidance, assistance and redirection of thoughts and behaviors that no longer serve me.
9. ___________Daily, I practice forgiveness toward myself and others.
10. ___________Daily, I experience a Divine connection that feels like peace or joy.
If this article peeks your interests and you want to know more please visit my profile and reach out with any questions. I'm delighted to help.
In joy, Tracy