The push goal, mentioned in last week’s article, is the 11th goal on your list that if achieved would make all (or most) of the others possible, it acts like a domino and sets all the others into motion.
Taking time to think through your goals can be challenging to begin with, coming up with an 11th goal as a push goal can be draining. Here are 5 reasons not to stop at 10 goals but to step back and think through your domino goal.
- Push goals are efficient, accomplishing more in the allotted time. They tackle more areas of need at once without having to focus intentionally on each of those areas. A push goal is like a powerful system you set in place to make things happen. It will not only carry out its intended purpose, but it will meet several other areas of need at the same time even if you are unaware of it.
- Push goals stretch you beyond your comfort zone. Stepping out of your comfort zone allows you to grow and take risks in ways you would not otherwise.
- Push goals net a more powerful return than other goals. Push goals force you out of your comfort zone, and address several needs at once, they tend to net a more powerful return than other lesser goals. A push goal to create more time in your schedule gives you the opportunity to work on things you otherwise thought of as impossible.
- Push goals keep you inspired. They help you remember why you are doing what you are doing. Knowing the benefits that can come from one goal keeps you motivated and focused. When you choose your push goal, don’t forget to list a dozen or so benefits to keep you inspired. Inspired action is far easier to sustain than simply trying on ideas that can result in failed or aborted attempts. Be inspired and energized toward your chosen goal!
- Push goals will lead to deepening and broadening your effort. Successfully tackling a push goal will often lead to getting inspiration and energy to deepen and broaden the way you are addressing that area of life.
To see your goals for the year become a reality take the time to think through your 11th game changing goal.